MEN & MASCULINE FOLKS NETWORK
Bringing a diverse group of men together who are interested in increasing the role men and masculine folks can play in addressing gender-based violence (sexual violence, domestic violence, and sexual exploitation).
We are opening up our retreat this year for all Minnesota statewide men and masculine-identified individuals. If you share similar goals with our network, such as creating space to build camaraderie, community, and sharing strategies and practices for engaging men and masculine folks, then this is the place for you! Whether you are a long time veteran in this work, or you're fairly new and unsure, please don't hesitate to contact us and ask more questions.
At the retreat, we will be strategizing together for upcoming steps for 2018 as a network, especially in preparation for the Superbowl and other campaigns.
Lastly, all food and lodging will be covered during the retreat.
- Date: November 17-19th
- Location: Audubon Center, Sandstone, MN
- For more information, contact Shinaah Thao
- Men and Masculine Folks
- Ages 18+
- Duluth area, Native communities and Twin Cities Metro Area
- Learning about our stories to start building healthy communities and society
- Developing, shaping, and identifying a collective network of diverse men and masculine folks
- Sharing our understanding of what gender-based violence (domestic violence, sexual violence, sexual exploitation, etc.) looks like in each of our communities
Men As Peacemakers (MAP), MN Indian Women’s Sexual Assault Coalition (MIWSAC), and ManForward
Thanks to our sponsors NoVo Foundation, Headwaters Foundation, and the Women's Foundation of Minnesota